Cheryl's Reviews > The Forgotten Garden

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

1976749
Mar 23, 09

bookshelves: first-read-arc-giveaway, review-gr
Recommended for: anyone who enjoys reading gentler books
Read in February, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is an easy read, and yet gave me room to pause as I stopped to think. I like books that let me do that without pounding me into a pulp on the way. I suspect the book might appeal more to women then men and it would be a good choice of several of the reading circles I know.

My only regret: that Eliza's book of fairy tales isn't a real book.

Things I like knowing before I buy a book: No profanity that I noticed. Respectful story-specific reference to sex. Emotional issues dealt with tastefully and healthily.

I will read more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Garden.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melissa I wish Eliza's book of fairy tales was real as well. Maybe Morton should publish it!

Incitanemxx i agree! the fairytales were so good. especially the golden egg one. :)

Nancy Thanks for the "things I like knowing.."--so do I.

Cheryl :) thanks!

Catherine I tried to look up the book of fairytales too

Denise Mitchell Completely agree with everything you say about the book. I also searched for Eliza's fairy tales online and was so disappointed to find that they don't actually exist. I would definitely buy them if they did. I love Kate Morton's writing style and recommend her other books. Hope you enjoy them too

message 7: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela Pickering Cheryl, I loved the description of "a gentler book".

Kirsten Eisele After getting smacked in the face with the incest/masochism in The Thirteenth Tale, I'm so glad to see that this book is "gentler." Thank you for your helpful review!

message 9: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Williams I prefer "gentle" books as well.