Laura's Reviews > Recovering Charles

Recovering Charles by Jason F. Wright

Feb 12, 09

Read in February, 2009

I read this book because the idea of second chances and forgiveness have been in the forefront of my mind of late. I enjoyed the commentary on forgiveness and how our own pride separates us from the joy and healing that forgiveness brings. The other side to forgiveness is when do we open our hearts back up to someone who has injured us over and over? No one pat answer for that. It is a hard call. Only God can help us with the timing, if our hearts are truly open to him and his will for us.

I also recently watched the movie "Fireproof". Similar theme about second chances but set in the back drop of marriage whereas this book was a son needing to forgive an alcoholic father and a mother who committed suicide. I highly recommend the movie "Fireproof" whose message is about forgiveness, second chances and saving marriages. The world could use more positive messages about forgiveness and hope.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Recovering Charles.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark i didn't read this book but i also recently watched fireproof and really like it a lot. i would highly recommend this movie.

message 2: by Seth (new)

Seth Jenson I've often wondered if there's a site like GoodReads for rating movies. GoodMovies?

Laura Moviepicks.org rates movies that they considered to have family friendly content. A lot different format than goodreads though--only one reviewer, not a forum for whomever likes to rate the movies. I've watched a lot of movies that the hallmark channel has produced that I would not have otherwise watched because movie picks introduced me to the movies.

message 4: by Seth (new)

Seth Jenson Cool, thanks for the tip.