Shelley's Reviews > Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling

Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling by Ross King
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne Shelley, I am considering buying this for my upcoming trip to Italy. Just wondering why you gave it 3 stars. I am already reading The Agony and the Ecstasy by Stone. Maybe that's enough.

Shelley If I recall - I read this after Brunelleschi's Dome, and I found that fascinating. I loved The Agony and the Ecstasy as well, and nothing could match Stone's storytelling in my eyes. Reading all of these books before my trip to Italy really added to the experience over there...wonderful! For a lighter read, I also enjoyed Marlena de Blasi's books. Especially the first one set in Venice.

message 3: by Anne (last edited Apr 16, 2013 07:53AM) (new) - added it

Anne Thank you, Shelley. I guess this one didn't compare favorably to BD. Is it well-written? A page-turner? Does it cover the same material that is in Stone's book? Just wondering if I should buy it today for my trip or wait and borrow it from the library.

Shelley It is well written, but IMHO definitely not a page turner. I would wait and borrow from the library.

message 5: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne Thank you for your opinion. I will borrow it after my trip.