Melliane's Reviews > Temping Is Hell

Jan 04, 13

Read from November 22 to 23, 2012

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I must admit that I did not expect much of the story at the beginning of this book. I liked the summary, but I did not really know how it would be. But what a surprise when I started it, and realized that I could not put the novel down! This is not a very complicated story, but it is pleasant and full of ideas.

Kate is a young woman who loves to help those in need, even if it always ends in disaster. I was really impressed with her explosiveness. She doesn’t hesitate to tell what she thinks, even when she's talking to her boss, as she is determined to do what is right regardless of the circumstances. I really loved this character, her ideas and convictions. She is very stubborn and kind. We wait each time to see the impact of her actions. Our young heroine is hired as temporary in a very important company, something she does not like and it’s really not a secret, even from her boss Thomas. But the relationship of these two characters is not to the taste of Maggie, the Secretary. She will therefore do everything she can to ruin Kate's life, even worse if possible. We gradually discover Thomas in this novel, and we try to understand what he seeks to do by working with demons. In fact, he looks for 13 names through soul contracts for his own revenge but we don’t know for a long time the real reason of all that. However everything is longer than he would have thought and the results are lacking. At least until Kate arrives and begins to dig a little everywhere, befriending demons. A Thing that is also very surreal and nobody can understand the reason.

I really enjoyed this story, it is full of surprises and the relationship between our two heroes grows slowly in the novel. We meet many characters we enjoyed easily, including Slim, the demon who befriends Kate. A strange relationship arises between them, but it's really interesting to learn more about him and his family. He is really different from the image that we can have of this kind of people. We also discover the best friend of our heroine, who is different from what we could initially think.

It was a very nice story and although I am surprised by the end, I'm really curious to learn more now. I do not know when there will be a sequel but I’ll really read with a great pleasure. It is a light novel, combining conspiracies, demons, all with a little naive girl who attracts problems like anyone else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temping Is Hell.

11/22/2012 page 17