CaliGirlRae's Reviews > Delaney's Desert Sheikh

Delaney's Desert Sheikh by Brenda Jackson
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delaney's Desert Sheikh.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch I use to own this book, but I've made a mistake and gave it away years ago, with other books that I didn't want. I hope t get it again. I wouldn't have given an interracial book away, being aware.

CaliGirlRae Oh no! I hope you can find another copy. I grabbed mine as an ebook at HQN's online store. They're starting to put a lot of author backlists up for sale. I think there may be some reasonably priced print copies at Alibris but I don't know if they're still there. They go pretty high from what I notice. I wonder if they're collector's item now or something?

message 3: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch My book costed me 10 cents. I would hope that I have misplaced the book somewhere. I haven't seen it in years.

CaliGirlRae I hope it pops up somewhere at your home. 10 cents wow! I wish I would've grabbed it when it was that cheap! :-D

message 5: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch I have bought a lot of books for 10 years for 10 cents a piece at the library. The price just went up to 25 cents for paperback. 5/$1.00 it depends on which library I go to. Hardback 50 cents at one library. Newer hardbacks are $1.00, another library hardbacks are 3/$1.00 or 50 cents each and newer hardbacks are now $1.00, they use to fall under 50 cents or 3/$1.00.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Just three stars. Rae you are picky! :)

message 7: by CaliGirlRae (last edited Apr 08, 2009 04:59AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

CaliGirlRae Lol. I think it was too much sex for me. Either they were thinking sex, talking about sex, looking at each other and feeling sex. Agh! I did like the little moments where they actually talked about their families and Jamal's country though. That was nice but not enough stuff to move the story forward for me. :-(

message 8: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch When I had the book, I didn't finish the book either. The hero and heroine did think about sex alot. There was a certain scene in regards to sex in the book that I will never forget, as long as I live. I will not share it though. I was just like, Oh my goodness. Maybe that's why I have made a mistake and given the book away.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Yes there is a lot of sex. You must be thinking of the table scene, Arch. Oh my!

message 10: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch I didn't get to the table scene Danielle. It's a scene, where the hero has the heroine against the wall.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I like Wall sex scenes. I guess I'm a hussy. :0

message 12: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch In the scene I am talking about. They didn't have sex.I didn't get to a scene, where they had sex.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Well I clearly need to reread the book. Were they just kissing and such?

message 14: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch LOL, I think they were against a wall. Anyway, this scene refers to sex. Let me just say that hero told the heroine that he could smell something.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Oh, my. I really don't remember that. It was pretty sexual from what I remember. I loved the book, though. You know me and sheikhs! :)

message 16: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch I know you like sheikhs. One book you had on your wishlist, it's no longer on your wish list. Do you have the book now? I don't know the name right off hand. I have bought some more sheikhs book. The books covers aren't shown on Goodreads.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Did you put them under sheikh on your account? I'll check it out. Thanks.

message 18: by Arch (new) - added it

Arch I have to check. I think I have put them under Sheik. If not, I will put them under sheik.