Kim's Reviews > The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

F_50x66
Jul 28, 09

bookshelves: horror, young-adult, zombies, arc, own, favorites
Read in February, 2009

I sat down with an advanced copy of The Forest of Hands and Teeth around midnight on Friday night, expecting to be able to put it down after a chapter and pick it up again in the morning. Yeah, that was a mistake. Around 3:00 in the morning, I turned off the light. And lay there, wide awake, thinking about this book, for another hour.

Carrie Ryan's tale is one that will get in your head and refuse to leave -- it is truly one of the most haunting tales I've read in a very long time. I described it to a friend as "a movie producer's dream mash-up of The Village and 28 Days Later, only better." I would recommend this book to any girl who loves a good chilling tale. And I'd like to take this opportunity to beg the author to write a sequel.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on two advanced copies, and gave one to my older sister. I'll post an update when I get her review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new) - added it

Carrie Thanks for such a great review Kim! I just wanted to let you know that the sequel, The Dead-Tossed Waves, will be out Spring 2010 :)

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim That's great news -- I can't wait to read it! Thanks, Carrie!