Lori's Reviews > Edmund Bertram's Diary

Edmund Bertram's Diary by Amanda Grange

Feb 11, 2009

liked it
Read in February, 2009

I didn't like it as much as Capt Wentworth's diary, but that is no fault of the author. Edmund is infatuated with Mary Crawford for most of the book which makes this one less fun to read for me. Loved the ending and how she elaborated on the story Jane Austen gives in Mansfield Park. Can't wait to read another Amanda Grange diary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edmund Bertram's Diary.

message 1: by Anna (last edited Feb 24, 2009 12:20PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna Hmm, I'm not sure whether to read this as I'm not the biggest MP or EB fan. On the other hand, Amanda Grange did a great job with Darcy and Wenty's diaries, so it'll probably be well written. I just don't know the story well enough (read it once, watched one adaptation once) to understand his side of events.

What do you reckon, Lori? Should I read it?

Lori Hmmm....If you are not a big MP fan, maybe you should move on to another Austen guy. I'm a pretty big Edmund fan and I lost interest at times. You can always read it again later.

Anna Well if you like him but still lost interest, maybe I'll give it a miss for now then. Yeah, perhaps I should read MP again, it's been a while since I did, and it might have improved!

I really want to read Col Brandon's Diary, but it's not released here till the summer, grrr!

Lori Anna wrote: "Well if you like him but still lost interest, maybe I'll give it a miss for now then. Yeah, perhaps I should read MP again, it's been a while since I did, and it might have improved!

I really wa..."

You might try MP again. I tried when I was much younger and couldn't get through it. I think it gets better as you mature.

Anna Ok, I'll stick it on my "have another go" list!