Sandy Wolters's Reviews > The Selkie

Book: The Selkie
Author: Rosanna Leo
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy Romance, Erotic Romance
Length: Approximately 167 Pages

Maggie Collins, the main character in THE SELKIE by ROSANNA LEO, is having a bad day, a really bad day. She walks into her supervisor's office thinking she's finally going to get that promotion she's been promised and ends up terminated instead. She decides to stop by her fiancé's office for some consoling and finds him in a compromising position with his secretary, a woman that Maggie's actually baked muffins for.

In a deep depression, Maggie starts to have vivid sensual dreams about a brown-haired, brown-eyed Adonis. Shortly thereafter, while dreaming of her mystery man, her grandmother appears in her sex dream. Horrified by this, Maggie tries to get rid of the old woman from the compromising dream when she starts to listen to what her last remaining beloved family member is trying to tell her. When Maggie is awakened, she knows in her heart that her grandmother has passed.

With nothing holding Maggie in Toronto, she sets out for Scotland to handle her grandmother's estate. Devastated by this great personal loss, Maggie goes to one of her favorite places in her grandmother's house, the cookie jar. She finds a cryptic note from her grandmother amidst the cookies about something that's hidden and just for her, but others are after it. She must trust no one.

When I picked up THE SELKIE by ROSANNA LEO, I was not in the greatest mood. I was terribly worried about a close family member and in need of an escape. I am pleased to tell you that reading this book helped me do just that. I was able to relax, not think about anything else going on in my life, and just depart on a smoking hot vacation (still fanning myself) and have some wicked fun with a creature that is totally new to me, the selkie man.

The sparks fly between Maggie and Calan when they first meet in her dreams. It's an out and out electrical storm when they meet in person. If you enjoy romance, you'll LOVE this book. If you are in need of a vacation from your daily hassles, pick this book up and take a journey to Scotland to meet Calan, the selkie man. You won't be disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and highly recommend THE SELKIE by ROSANNA LEO.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Selkie.

message 1: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo Dear Sandy. Thank you so much for this review. It has just made my day. I am so happy you enjoyed The Selkie and shared your thoughts here. Thank you!

Sandy Wolters Rosanna wrote: "Dear Sandy. Thank you so much for this review. It has just made my day. I am so happy you enjoyed The Selkie and shared your thoughts here. Thank you!"

Rosanna, I can't tell you how much I really appreciated reading The Selkie. I was so worried about things that had happened in the last couple of days that I just couldn't relax. Your book helped me get away from all of that for a time and it was truly wonderful. So - Thank you!