Jennifer Johnson's Reviews > Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter

Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

2021711
Feb 11, 2009

Read in June, 2006

After reading her last book, (#15)- I immediately made it a point to run out and get her latest book, Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot’s Bag of Tricks and I read it cover to cover pretty quickly. Pearl-McPhee’s latest book includes more of her great sense of humor as well as some great tips and basic patterns for items like hats, socks, scarves and even sweaters. Along with that she writes about essential knitting notions, but all in a fashion that’s both informative and entertaining. Her observations on the “culture of knitting” on the whole are glaringly accurate, and it’s fun to laugh at the crazy things I’m willing to do all in the name of my knitting obsession.

As before, this is not a book for the non-knitter- who will be immediately bored with what Pearl-McPhee has to offer. For those of you who do knit, this book is an excellent resource for some great tips and some basic patterns as well full of witty ‘knitisisms’. I’m giving this book a glowing 9/10- recommended for my knitterly readers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knitting Rules!.