Megan's Reviews > Deadly Little Secret

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Feb 11, 09

bookshelves: young-adult

To be fair, my 2-star review comes from the viewpoint of an adult reading a novel meant for kids in their early teens. My 12 year old self would have loved Deadly Little Secret and given it at least 4-stars.

What I didn't enjoy about this book was the lack of depth. I kept feeling that I was reading a book that *really* wants to be a made-for-tv movie. It has a lot of dialouge ~ while it is interesting and keeps the book moving, there is nothing behind it. Camila is not very reflective, and we don't know her thoughts beyond what is imediately happening to her. For you Twilight readers ~ this is very much the oppisite of Stephenie Meyers writing style. While Bella droned on and on and on (and on!) about her feelings, Camila doesn't drone even once. This makes it difficult for the readers hearts to go pitter-patter along with Camila when she spends time with Ben.

Not a bad book, but not one of the young adult books that will also be cherrished by adults. A super easy read ~ I got through it in an afternoon. It's great if you have had a really bad week at work, and just want to be entertained without having to think about anything too much ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Secret.