Shelley's Reviews > Crossing to Safety

1947862
May 12, 2009

bookshelves: read-2009
Read in May, 2009

This title will definitely be added to my all-time favourite list. It is a simple story about two couples who are locked into an amazing friendship, and how the battle between the order of man and the chaos of nature plays out on them all. It's funny how certain books come into your life at certain moments, as if there is a reason for it all.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossing to Safety.

Elizabeth (Alaska) You keep reading these great books, my Wish List keeps growing. (Thanks!)

Shelley I have noticed that growing wish list of yours! I found this title here on GoodReads and am loving it already.

Bette I'm glad you liked this so much--you might try Stegner's Angle of Repose as well, if you haven't already read it. It's very different, but fabulous!

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Shelley - I haven't read this one, but I can't say I'm surprised at your high rating. Angle of Repose is one of my very favorite books. -Kelly

Shelley Angle of Repose is one I'll definitely be reading!

message 6: by Irene (new) - added it

Irene Thanks for putting this on my radar. I've added it to my to-read list. I read Angle of Repose a number of years ago and it didn't wow me, but I'm going to track this one down.