Kristy's Reviews > Dime Store Magic

Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong

Feb 14, 09

Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This book was okay. It's a follow up in the series to a character that was introduced in book 2. The interesting part is that the author has made her book completely separate from the first two. That's not to say that it follows in line with the same interesting story line. Paige's story is quite different and a little bland. The romantic relationship doesn't really develop, it just happens. It's kind of awkward and strange and I didn't think it flowed at all with the story. It was as if the author put an obligatory sex scene and romance into the story to appease readers. Paige needs more depth of character and the antagonists were really weak. I'll keep reading because the books get new narrators. Can't wait for Broken to get back to Elena.

I understand the moral behind each of these women's stories. It's to accept a life that cannot be chosen or controlled. To accept what's given to you and ultimately be happy with that less than perfectly "normal" life. It's a good moral to live by and I enjoy reading the women of the otherworld learn how to accept it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dime Store Magic.