Cameron's Reviews > Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?: Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing

Waiting for Your Cat to Bark? by Bryan Eisenberg

U 50x66
Feb 10, 2009

Read in February, 2009

My distaste for marketing is slowly receding, and books like this are a part of the reason why. The title is somewhat strange, but it's based on the idea that traditional marketing is based in eliciting Pavlovian responses from possible customers, and that the advent of the internet and the absurd number of marketing messages that we all come into contact every day has people acting more cats every day - cantankerous, individualistic, and not interested being trained. Since I'm not really a dog person, this has some appeal.

The authors cover their model of persuasion architecture for helping to market to different personality types, different stages of buying readiness, and different types of needs. I've read a few of their other books, and I felt like this was the best of them so far. While I liked this, I can't imagine anyone but specialists would want to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?.