Karen's Reviews > Nutrition and Physical Degeneration: A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets and Their Effects

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price

Feb 10, 09

Read in February, 2009

So very interesting. Dr. Price (actually a DENTIST...not an MD) wrote this in 1939 after studying the effects of various diets on isolated, primitive peoples. He describes is great detail (with insightful pictures) how our diet effects our health. Although not all arguments were entirely substantiated, the overall picture shows the potential harm our Western diet can inflict. I am the exact type of person who SHOULD be a health-nut...unfortunately, I read as many cookbooks as other books and love trying new recipes and experimenting with ingredients. Even if it may not be good for me, I want to try out that new chocolate cake recipe I read in a magazine. Darn my hypocrisy. Still, an eye-opening look at food and how it not only fuels, but actually shapes our societies. Maybe someday I'll have the will-power to convert to whole foods and health...that day isn't today. Sorry Dr. Price.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.