Alia's Reviews > The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Mar 31, 09

bookshelves: fantasy-supernatural, favorites
Read in March, 2009

Mary lives in a village surrounded on all sides by the Unconcecrated, or as we would call them, Zombies. Only a metal fence keeps the Unconsecrated at bay. Nobody ever leaves the village and nobody ever enters from the outside. In fact most people don't even belive an outside exisits. But Mary belives. And when the worst ever breach of the fence occurs, it is Mary's belife that just may save her and her friends.

If you have ever been a fan of zombies, you'll like this book. It was great flesh eating fun. I wanted to give it five stars because of the enjoyment factor but there were a few flaws that held me back. While Mary is an interesting and complex character, her friends are rather flat and the love triangle she's involved in seems unnessecary. The Sisterhood and their secrets reminded me a little too much of that awful movie The Village, but it was different enough that it was not a blatant rip off. But the good by far exceeds the not-so-good with this book. And there's a zombie fighting puppy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

The Library Lady I think I want to read this one as much as I want to read "Breaking Dawn"--in other words, NOT!
But I suspect that it will do well here, and will be snapped up in reserves for our other branches as well :/

Alia Fair enough. But at least Mary doesn't fall in love with a sparkly sad zombie who longs to eat her flesh but won't because he loves her! :)

The Library Lady Told you. The minute I checked it in it went off to Central :D