Amy's Reviews > Bury Your Dead

Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny

F_50x66
Nov 19, 12

Loved this book!! It is the sixth in the Inspector Gamache series, but only the second I have read. I am eager to read the ones I have missed.I appreciate the suspense and detail without the gore of most crime/mystery novels.
I did read the fifth book, A Brutal Telling. While I think you can read them on their own, I was glad to have read the previous book. Some of the story did carry over.
Bury Your Dead has several mysteries and storylines. There is a continuation to a mystery Gamache feels was unresolved in Brutal Telling, the unfolding of events that occurred between these novels and a new murder investigation. It is the second that is the most fascinating. At the beginning of Bury Your Dead, it is known that Inspector Gamache is recovering from a serious physical and emotional wounds. Louise Penny tells the story of those wounds backwards. Unfolding the story bit by bit. She does this in a masterful way. I felt she revealed those events when the character was ready to talk about them and not before. It was a literary device that worked in this book. I look to reading the others in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bury Your Dead.