Teena in Toronto's Reviews > The Sons of Jude

The Sons of Jude by Brandt Dodson

Jan 03, 13

Read from November 27, 2012 to January 04, 2013

St. Jude is the patron saint of lost souls and police officers ... hence the title.

When the story begins, Campello's partner has just been killed. Polanski is being transferred to Campello's district and is assigned as his partner. At his last district, Polanski had blown the whistle on two dirty cops. Campello has problems with this ... he feels you should always support your "brothers" and doesn't hesitate to let Polanski know how he fees. So you can imagine the tension between these two.

They investigate the death of a woman who was found beaten in a garbage bin. As they start unravelling the mystery, it keeps leading them to the son of an alderman, who runs a strip club and a warehouse. Every time they arrest him for something, he is released.

Christy Lee is a spunky reporter who doesn't want to write fluffy stories ... she wants to write meaty ones and will do whatever it takes. She hooks up with an unwilling Campello and eventually they look for justice.

I liked the writing style. It was well-paced. I liked the characters. In addition to be a devoted cop, we also get to know Campello the son ... he visits his dad who is in a home with dementia daily. Polanski is a husband and father who just wants to do the right thing.

I enjoyed this book and would recommend it!

Blog review post: http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2013/01...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sons of Jude.