Cam's Reviews > Lake in the Clouds

Lake in the Clouds by Sara Donati

Feb 13, 09

Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Continued with the Wilderness series even though I was a little hesitant with reviews saying that the novels detract from Nathaniel and Elizabeth. This one definitely shows signs of the future novels being focused mainly on the Bonner children with a large part of Lake in the Clouds dedicated to Hannah (Walks Ahead).

I found myself skimming Hannah's medical schooling but was riveted by her relationship with Strikes the Sky- whom I approved of greatly, he does indeed seem strong enough to be husband to Nathaniel's headstrong first born daughter.

The side plot with Jemima Southern Kuick was very interesting and I thought Liam couldn't disappoint me any further- I was wrong. His undeveloped feelings for Hannah showed potential but he couldn't accept her Kanyen'kehaka heritage, of which is only part of her, the other half is very much white as is proven by her being more accustomed to being known as Hannah rather than her woman name, Walks Ahead which she describes she answers to in a way she would answer to being called 'girl'.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lake in the Clouds.