Stephanie's Reviews > Sloane Sisters

1619431
Apr 27, 09

bookshelves: own
Read in March, 2009

Sloane Sisters was like a Clique-wannabe. Geared more towards the Middle Grade then YA.

What I liked best about this book and the upcoming series are the catfights. Who doesn’t love a good catfight? I liked the competition and the heated arguments between Stella and Cate. Like the Clique series, they bounce between the words “friends” and “enemies”.

Andie and Lola, both cast off from their older siblings, are girls that I sympathize with. Seriously. They did absolutely nothing wrong yet their older siblings aka Cate and Stella are determined to think of them as losers and freaks. I actually like them better than Cate and Stella because they are more lovable. Sure, they’re a bit weird especially Lola and her fat ass cat but they’re cute.

Cate and Stella. Hmm, what should I say? They are like Mads…(Madison? Clique series main top girl) copies. They are both obsessed with designer clothing and material belongings. At first, they bond because of their common passion for clothing but when they both realize that they are a threat to each other due to their need for being the top dog, they get down and start getting messy.

There are definitely some variations in the Sloane Sisters compared to the Clique series such as: four girls becoming sisters, 2 queen bees, and 2 geeky sisters. However, there are also a ton of similarities: the catfights, the competition for LOTS of things, a loser (or two), etc. etc. As you can see, I personally thought the Sloane Sisters was basically a copycat of the Clique series. So if you enjoyed that, then check this series out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sloane Sisters.

03/16/2009 page 109