Jo (Mixed Book Bag)'s Reviews > Ghost Planet

Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher

Nov 18, 2012

bookshelves: science-fiction, science-fiction-romance
Read in November, 2012 — I own a copy

Oh my goodness. All I can say is Ghost Planet is great, great, great. I loved the concept, the story, the characters and the writing. This is Science Fiction Romance at its best.

The twist at the beginning of the book sets the tone for the rest of the story. Elizabeth does not realize she is a ghost. She feels the same, looks the same and reacts the same as before. Here are the two beginning sentences:

"The tarmac was deserted. Foggy and disoriented, I wondered how long I’d been standing there, listening to the evergreens groan in the wind and dreading my first encounter on this new world."

When you read this after reading the book you can see the foreshadowing of Elizabeth’s real status. Then you meet Grayson Murphy and see the interaction between the two before he realizes what Elizabeth is. It is a great set up for the rest of the story.

The world building is unusual and very realistic. You can see the connection between the Ghost Planet and Earth. You can also see how everything is changing because of the interaction or lack thereof between the colonists and the ghosts. All of this matches the plot and helps keep the story moving.

Science Fiction Romance fans buy this book. I checked Sharon Lynn Fisher’s web page to see what she had in store for us next. This seems to be her first published book. It could be a stand-alone or it could lead to more stories about the Ghost Planet and Elizabeth and Murphy. I for one would love to see both of them again. She is working on another book but it seems to be in an entirely new universe.

Tor Science Fiction published Ghost Planet by Sharon Fisher in 2012.

I received an ARC of Ghost Planet from Netgalley.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Planet.

message 1: by Sharon Lynn (new)

Sharon Lynn Fisher So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for reading/reviewing!