Janelle Dazzlepants's Reviews > Swallowing Darkness

Swallowing Darkness by Laurell K. Hamilton

Feb 09, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy, urban-fantasy, faerie, magic, paranormal
Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Ahhhh my favourite of the series by far! ^_^ I was kind of glad that there was a severe lack of sex in this book, compared to the others, and it was largely focused on the warring factions in Faerie. While it wasn't totally unexpected that Cel was the one responsible for Prince Essus' death, Im uber glad that this particular plotline was resolved, it'd been annoying me all throughout the series.

I kind of wish that Meredith had become the Queen of the Unseelie court, although the choice to move back to LA was justified. I wish she'd expanded a bit on which guards went to LA, because I was kinda left sitting there wondering what happened to Abeloec - it always seemed to me like he'd follow her. Oh well. =/

I thought this was the end of the series, but I'm glad to hear straight from the horses mouth that it isnt ^_^ With Frost back and the babies on the way, I totes can't wait to see what happens. I hope Taranis severely gets his ass kicked.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swallowing Darkness.