Audrey Bauman's Reviews > Spirit's End

Spirit's End by Rachel Aaron

Feb 12, 2016

bookshelves: favorites
Read from November 17 to 18, 2012

Wow. What a conclusion. I'm still having problems thinking coherently right now, but I'm very, very satisfied. No spoilers, but everything was explained, it all made sense, everyone was totally in character and there were pretty much no loose ends. My favorite part is probably that Rachel Aaron kept the feel of the series throughout the whole apocalyptic situation - the world is ending, but Eli's still Eli.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that even though this is the book where all this world's secrets come to light, you still don't get to know *everything* until the last half of the book. Still, it's not a major problem and the build-up into the climax makes it a lot more effective. Plus, all of the development here, the heart-wrenching scenes and the funny ones, and the character growth...ugh, just ugh. I kept trying to guess which way the story would turn every time a new development came, but I almost never got it right. :'D There were so many creative plot twists I never even imagined were possible.

I'm thoroughly impressed. It's really sad to finally see LoEM end but at least it got the conclusion it deserved, plus some. Thank you, Rachel Aaron.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit's End.

11/17 page 129
11/18 page 350
63.0% "I still can't believe it's almost the END....why is this happening...no, stop it...."
02/12 marked as: read