Jen's Reviews > Let's Go Europe 2006

Let's Go Europe 2006 by Let's Go Inc.

1975074
Feb 08, 09

bookshelves: travel
Read in September, 2006

Living in the UK, I didn't use this book as much as its Britain/Ireland version, but it was of much use when it was needed. The recommendations of things to do in Paris were excellent, and it taught me how to get around Amsterdam. This book is great for showing you unseen sides of famous cities. Who knew that Amsterdam had a houseboat museum, or that Paris had catacombs? It also gives excellent recommendations about places to eat, places to sleep, how to get around, and surprisingly, a lot of information about haunted tours. For the record, haunted tours, I learned, are one of the best ways to learn about cities. This book or the British version informed me of the mercat tour of the South Bridge vaults in Edinburgh and another midnight tour of Grayfriar's Cemetery. Most of what I learned about Edinburgh I learned at midnight with this book in my backpack. This book has suggestions about everything from museums to extinct volcanoes that can be climbed. It really does have something for everyone. Next time I go to Europe, I'm buying the updated version before I leave. I try not to travel without it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Go Europe 2006.