Taka's Reviews > The 48 Laws of Power

Mar 16, 09

bookshelves: self-help, business
Read in March, 2009

Hmmm...

I thought his other work, The Art of Seduction to be a much more fascinating and practical read. There really is NO way of constantly knowing which law(s) to use in everyday situation and there seems to be no unifying theme running through the 48 laws.

Why 48 and how the author chose them are for anyone's guess. They seem to have been assembled haphazardly without any sort of strict standards or criteria. Maybe this was because the audio book is abridged and doesn't go into the details of the selection process the author must have gone through.

The upshot is that I don't remember any useful law I can use in my daily life. The anecdotes the author uses to illustrate the laws are very much cool and entertaining, but they don't do much to help the reader in applying them in their day-to-day situations.

I'd rather recommend Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People over this long-winded, disorganized work.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 48 Laws of Power.