MayDerp's Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

2010056
Feb 08, 09

Recommended to MayDerp by: A friend
Recommended for: Any person that enjoys fantasy and has interests in other worldly creatures and power
Read in December, 2008

Clary and Jace are attempting to live with each other as siblings instead of lovers. Clary is also trying to preserve the friendship he shares with Simon, her anime-watching, manga-reading pal. Jace is trying to live with knowing who his father really is-the main antagonist, Valentine, as well as being constantly questioned and poorly treated by the Inquisitor, a hateful impatient woman among the clave-the Shadowhunter government. Then a series of events occur that greatly alter Clary's as well as Jace's and Simon's lives.

You'll have to read the book to find out the rest!!!!City of AshesCassandra Clare

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.

Quotes MayDerp Liked

Cassandra Clare
“I don't want to be a man," said Jace. "I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead."
"Well," said Luke, "you're doing a fantastic job.”

Cassandra Clare
“I'll just have them change the entry in the demonology textbook from 'almost extinct' to 'not extinct enough for Alec. He prefers his monsters really, really extinct.' Will that make you happy?”

Cassandra Clare
“You see, cuckoos are parasites. They lay their eggs in other birds' nests. When the egg hatches, the baby cuckoo pushes the other baby birds out of the nest. The poor parent birds work themselves to death trying to find enough food to feed the enormous cuckoo child who has murdered their babies and taken their places."
"Enormous?" said Jace. "Did you just call me fat?"
"It was an analogy."
"I am not fat.”

Cassandra Clare
“We came to see Jace. Is he alright?"
"I don't know," Magnus said. "Does he normally just lie on the floor like that without moving?”

Cassandra Clare
“Is standing by the window muttering about blood something he does all the time?" asked Simon.
"No," Jace said. "Sometimes he sits on the couch and does it.”

Cassandra Clare
“Mom. I have something to tell you. I’m undead. Now, I know you may have some preconceived notions about the undead. I know you may not be comfortable with the idea of me being undead. But I’m here to tell you that undead are just like you and me … well, okay. Possibly more like me than you.”

Cassandra Clare
“There's no need to clarify my finger snap," said Magnus. "The implication was clear in the snap itself.”

Cassandra Clare
“No, I'm just a very naughty boy. I do all sorts of bad things. I kick kittens. I make rude gestures at nuns.”