Patrick Gibson's Reviews > Valhalla Rising

Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler

Feb 08, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: testosterone
Recommended for: preposterous action adventure lovers
Read in January, 2008 , read count: 1

Who in their right mind would name a corporation Cerberus? I would! And so would Clive! So the naming of the evil conglomerate attempting to hoard the worlds oil supply and suppress a new engine that runs on faerie poo after the Janus-challenged guardian pet of hell isn’t a bad idea. Unfortunately that’s where the ideas stop. Unless you have the dark-haired blue-eyed hero meet the green-eyed woman of his dreams who turns out to be a lesbian and forces him to submit to a painless (heros feel no pain) sex-change so they can marry in California and become eco-terrorists who tandemly blow up the offices of NUMA saving the lovable sidekick for an eventual three-way. Perhaps not. What you do get is the same shtick. This is probably the least interesting of the Pitt novels (I’ve read all but two, I think). The ideas are recycled (well aren’t they all?) and the action sequences aren’t up to par. Cussler—babe—I love yah, but sometimes it is hard for me to show it. Throw me for a loop one of these days and write a Romance novel, set in the 19th century deep south with a heroine named Scarlett. Never mind. Stick to what you’re doing. It works. Just not this time around.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Valhalla Rising.