Sarah's Reviews > Gobsmacked

Feb 08, 09

bookshelves: glbt-fiction, favorites
Read in February, 2009

No more Mr. Nice Guy.
Mild mannered Mark Meehan’s good judgment flies out the window when he finds his lover banging another man. Things go from bad to worse as Mark’s crazy revenge scheme uncovers shocking secrets-sending him straight into the arms of hunky lawman and old friend, Tony Gervase, a man of limited patience and secrets of his own.
From Aspen Mountain Press.

I liked Mark. In fact no, I more than liked Mark I just adored this character. He was smart and sexy, but most appealing was his very human and real nature; which is what made this book so charming. Tony was a sex god of course with his whole tall, dark and chest hair going on, but it was wanting to see what Mark would do next that kept me up till way past my bedtime.

The writing was crisp with some beautiful use of language, without it looking like the author had fallen into a thesaurus. I liked this. Sometimes it’s nice if an author feels you’re intelligent enough to cope with the big words. heh. The pace of the story was quite fast, not short, just quick with no down time. This made for real edge of your seat reading. I was just dying to know what happened next and it felt like no words were wasted. The humor was also a nice suprise, although I did not spend the whole story laughing my ass of it was enough that my partner asked me what I was reading several times… which eventually turned into, ‘are you still reading that book?’

And hot. Holy shit, I do try and suppress my prurient side and not focus solely on this, it is a romantic story after all not Hot Cops (which does look rather interesting…) so there is loads of lovely sweet stuff, but this was just so good - or maybe I just have a thing for bathroom sex! heh.

I can honestly say I did not know quite what to expect going into reading this book, especially after reading the synopsis where I wondered if the crazy revenge theme was really going to be my cup of tea. But it was a great read, seriously! Memorable and one I cannot wait to see in paperback.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gobsmacked.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Daisiemae Great Review, Sarah:) I can't wait to read this one:)

Sarah Daisiemae wrote: "Great Review, Sarah:) I can't wait to read this one:)"
Thanks! I really did enjoy it and am thrilled for LB of course. Cannot wait till Happy Endings. :)

message 3: by ElaineY (new) - added it

ElaineY Okay, you sold me. I just bought it. Also bought Sex,
Lies & Wedding Bells by E M Lynley while I was at it.

Sarah Elaine, you'll soon be as poor as me!!! Must stop buying books... need to eat occasionally. :)