Akanksha❤ Søren♰'s Reviews > This Beautiful Thing

Jan 21, 2015

did not like it
bookshelves: dnf, all-about-the-rant
Read on November 22, 2012

MOST IMMATURE BOOK I'VE EVER READ!!! It sucked for me.
I was so going to dump this book's ass when I was like 25% in but its my freakin' obsessive curious nature that didn't let me. So I had to finish it! The lil speed bump in the book was like FORCED and everything about the book was weird.. The overall story was okish!

The book has SOOOO MANY grammatical and spelling errors! to instead of two, miss instead of mess.
Author.. get a new editor.
I read many YA, but this was like immature adult!
The chick is like 18-19, but behaves like she is 13!
The dialogue delivering of the book is so childish, its like a sorority chick has written them.

The author has totally brotten like 35%+ of book two in this book! So idk why anyone would read the second book when they totally have in in short here mixed in this book itself.
82 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Beautiful Thing.

11/22
4.0% "dual pov! *happy dance*"
11/22
25.0% "The dialogue's are very VERY immature of all the characters! Its like a sorority chick has written them.. lol"
02/03 marked as: read

message 1: by Dd (new)

Dd I'm staying away from this!!:(

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ It could have been so much better, I'm so disappointed. :\

♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews I really wanted to read this 'cause the cover is hot and I saw you'd put it as "to-read"... since we read the same sort of books and give similar ratings... now Ive seen your rating; even though I was excited to get the book, Im not going to bother, thanks for saving my time <3

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Becka wrote: "I really wanted to read this 'cause the cover is hot and I saw you'd put it as "to-read"... since we read the same sort of books and give similar ratings... now Ive seen your rating; even though I ..."

Haha, Glad I could be of help.. :)
After reading this book [which totally spoilt my mood] I picked up On the Island and read it n I am in awe of the book and so happy I found a new fav!

♠ Becka & Cerys ♠ | Spitfire Reviews IKR, I read that back in September, I absolutely LOVE it, I was kind of shocked at how it played out towards the end and how they got back to civilization :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Wow, I was looking for something to read saw this. Then saw your review and said " oh hell no" lol!!

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Alexis wrote: "Wow, I was looking for something to read saw this. Then saw your review and said " oh hell no" lol!!"

:P Hehe

message 8: by Juhi (new) - added it

Juhi I wish I had seen your review before starting the book. It would have saved me from the complete agony of reading it.

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Juhi wrote: "I wish I had seen your review before starting the book. It would have saved me from the complete agony of reading it."

x_x lol.. it sucked toooo badly

message 10: by Wanda (new) - added it

Wanda (Good Choice Reading) On The Island is AMAZING!! That book would NOT disappoint you.

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Wanda wrote: "On The Island is AMAZING!! That book would NOT disappoint you."

I've read it, lovedddd it :)

message 12: by Juhi (new) - added it

Juhi Akanksha ❤ wrote: "Juhi wrote: "I wish I had seen your review before starting the book. It would have saved me from the complete agony of reading it."

x_x lol.. it sucked toooo badly"

i know!!! I wish i hadn't gained that knowledge first hand. :P Anyway, moving on to On the Island. Hope its better.. ;)

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Juhi wrote: "Akanksha ❤ wrote: "Juhi wrote: "I wish I had seen your review before starting the book. It would have saved me from the complete agony of reading it."

x_x lol.. it sucked toooo badly"

i know!!! ..."

ITS AMAZINGGGGGG

message 14: by Rahma (new) - added it

Rahma R u sure it's that bad? I found some good and some REAL BAD reviews about this book... I really wanted to read it but now am not so sure. So, do you think I shouldn't waste my time with this book?? Or give it a shot??

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Rahma wrote: "R u sure it's that bad? I found some good and some REAL BAD reviews about this book... I really wanted to read it but now am not so sure. So, do you think I shouldn't waste my time with this book??..."

I'd say its a total waste of time, like literally.. I'd rather stare at a wall o.O

message 16: by Rahma (new) - added it

Rahma Akanksha ❤ wrote: "Rahma wrote: "R u sure it's that bad? I found some good and some REAL BAD reviews about this book... I really wanted to read it but now am not so sure. So, do you think I shouldn't waste my time wi..."

Oh, 'kay, then, Thanks for warnin me! :D

Ambulur giiirl! im currently reading this and couldn't agree with you more!! i cant wait to be done with this redonkulous book!

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Ambulur wrote: "giiirl! im currently reading this and couldn't agree with you more!! i cant wait to be done with this redonkulous book!"

I feel bad for you! hehehe
I don't understand why would anyone find an immature character good. We girls of today's word love ballsy chicks! not whiney immature bitches!

message 19: by Richa (new)

Richa Staying away from this one!!

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Richa wrote: "Staying away from this one!!"

Good choice! :P

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Kendel wrote: "love how you talk about "grammatical" issues, then use the word "brotten"... hilarious because that's not even in the dictionary."

Erm, No author here.. But I'm pretty sure I can misspell shit and make my own words as long as I'm not publishing it.

Duchess Crystal I am with you that someone should have corrected the horrible grammar. I could not finish this book. I think I stopped at 36% (right after their first fight in the parking lot of the college). I was like seriously? That's how the first fight went down? I give props to the author for writing and publishing a book. I know I could never do it. My thoughts always stray and I go off into la la land a lot. Lol.

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Crystal wrote: "I am with you that someone should have corrected the horrible grammar. I could not finish this book. I think I stopped at 36% (right after their first fight in the parking lot of the college). I wa..."

Hahaha

Monica Ouch, my brain is still trying to process this book. What happened to the ability to proof read anymore? This book is HORRIBLE! Now I'm going to try to scrub my brain clean of what just read!

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Monica wrote: "Ouch, my brain is still trying to process this book. What happened to the ability to proof read anymore? This book is HORRIBLE! Now I'm going to try to scrub my brain clean of what just read!"

Hahaha :P Don't you wish you found this review before you started it and saved yourself some brain cleaning? God, this book was a disaster!

message 27: by ♔ Dee (new)

♔ Dee lol! I force myself to finish books sometimes too. If i can't I won't even rate. I understand what you mean! Thank you for the review!

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Dee wrote: "lol! I force myself to finish books sometimes too. If i can't I won't even rate. I understand what you mean! Thank you for the review!"

haha, idk what people think publishing such rubbish!

Melinda OMG! I totally agree. Like, I'm in the second paragraph and I see "whence" and "prefect".. uhm, what the heck XD

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Melinda wrote: "OMG! I totally agree. Like, I'm in the second paragraph and I see "whence" and "prefect".. uhm, what the heck XD"

Haha