All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Must Love Fangs

Must Love Fangs by Jessica Sims

Nov 15, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed-by-kristina

Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

MUST LOVE FANGS continues the flirty, sexy, sweetness I’ve come to love in the the Midnight Liaisons series. The concept of a shifter/vampire/fae dating agency is neat and I always look forward to any fun dating antics that come about in this series. The plot of MUST LOVE FANGS moves at a great pace and was a surprisingly quick read due to the fun, relatable and complex characters. I especially admired the respectful balance of humor and lightness with Marie’s very tragic situation.

Marie was a very compelling character and her illness; fatal familial insomnia was definitely a disease I’ve never encountered in fiction before. Knowing only a little bit about this disease, it was fascinating to see how the lack of sleep started to affect Marie over the course of the story. I loved the hilarious dating scenarios Marie goes on to find her cure. They topped any bad dates I’ve been on as they ranged from talk of Marie’s lack of junk to very lewd bedroom suggestions. While hilarious I found myself wanting to shake Marie a few times due to her poor decision making skills on these dates but I wrote these off to sheer panic over her medical situation.

Marie’s panic and single minded quest for a cure also made her pretty poor at picking up the clues that Joshua was very very interested in her. Although Marie is a tad clueless about Joshua their relationship was seriously sweet and ultra flirty even when Marie can’t stand him. I kept falling in love with Joshua every time he said something funny or made a suggestive innuendo just to mess with Marie. It was pretty amusing to see Marie and Joshua enter into a kind of My Fair Lady situation with Joshua giving her the necessary skills to date vampires.

With a sexy, charming were-couger and a sharp-tongued, determined human, MUST LOVE FANGS was hard to resist. I loved absorbing myself in this story and can’t wait to see what is in store next for the Midnight Liaisons series.

Sexual Content: multiple sex scenes

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Must Love Fangs.

08/21/2013 marked as: received-for-review