Beth's Reviews > A Conspiracy of Alchemists

A Conspiracy of Alchemists by Liesel Schwarz

Feb 01, 13

bookshelves: fantasy, steampunk, vampires, warlocks, magic, magical
Read from January 20 to February 01, 2013 — I own a copy

Elle Chance, a woman airship captain, takes on odd cargo and passengers on a flight from Paris to England. Her choice to accept this charter sets off a chain of events that she could never imagine. In a world where machines and science have taken over were magic reined, Elle finds herself the key to opening the world back up to power. As a scientist daughter, she is extremely reluctant to this new path.

Mr. Marsh is one of Elle’s passengers on that fate filled night. He is a Viscount and a warlock, so he is very familiar with power and magic. Leading Elle along the path she doesn’t want to travel attraction begins to grow.

Pursued for her magical naiveté and power Elle is in a for fight for her life. With her help form Mr. Marsh she must keep the Alchemists from ripping a whole in the world’s fabric. Treachery and betrayal is at every turn and Elle must decide in whom she can trust.

A Conspiracy of Alchemist was an interesting story with a very intriguing start to a new series. The story was slow building and filled with lots of dialogue. This was a fascinating cross of fantasy and steampunk, twisting magic and machine. I enjoyed this story and will be reading the continuation of The Chronicle of Light and Shadow.

This ARC copy of A Conspiracy of Alchemists was given to me by Random House Publishing Group in exchange for a honest review. Publish Date March 5, 2013.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Conspiracy of Alchemists.

01/31/2013
22.0% 2 comments
02/01/2013
56.0% ""Heinrich shuffled off into the darker recesses of the house with their coats bundled up under his arms." Why am I getting a visual of Lurch??

"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth ♥Addicted to HEA♥ Great review! I was interested in this one because of the Steampunk/Vampire combination. Will you be reading the second one when it comes out?

Beth Beth wrote: "Great review! I was interested in this one because of the Steampunk/Vampire combination. Will you be reading the second one when it comes out?"

Yes, I will be reading book 2. It wasn't as action packed as I expected but I am interested in seeing where it will lead.