Carla Jean's Reviews > Shakespeare Wrote for Money

Feb 07, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: booksiown, readin2009
Read in February, 2009

My favorite passage was this:
"The annoying thing about reading is that you can never get the job done. The other day I was in a bookstore flicking through a book called something like 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (and without naming names, you should be aware that the task set aside by the title is by definition impossible, because at least four hundred of the books suggested would kill you anyway), but reading begets reading--that's sort of the point of it, surely?--and anybody who never deviates from a set list of books is intellectually dead anyway."

That makes me feel much better about my ever-increasing list of books to read, and my absolutely random approach to plowing through them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shakespeare Wrote for Money.

02/07/2009 page 48

message 1: by Cassie ♥ (new)

Cassie ♥ Love this comment!! Made me LOL>>400 or more of them would kill you!! I also love your admission to randomly reading.. I find myself constantly looking for books that I find interesting--which doesn't always make someone else's list.