♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Frisco's Kid

Frisco's Kid by Suzanne Brockmann

Feb 24, 09

bookshelves: read-2009, genre-contemporary, steam-warm
Read in February, 2009

An oldie but a goodie! Great story about a former SEAL dealing with a life changing knee injury, and a kind-hearted neighbor lady who helps him become whole again. Add in a cute 5 year old girl, a likable and smart mouthed teen, plus a bad guy and a few SEALs buddies and you have a great Brockmann romance story with lots of sizzle. It was a quick read (240 pages), but it packed a lot of heat and heart. I can see why Frisco is considered one of Brockmann's favorite heros.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frisco's Kid.

02/23/2009 page 70

Auntee I loved this one--one of my favorites from her original SEAL team.:)

♡Karlyn P♡ This was my first read from the SEALs 10 series. I will try to find others at the used book store! I started reading this author last August, and I can't get enough. I finished the entire Troubleshooters series and am now working my way backwards to her older stuff.

Dina You´ve got to read the first 2 books in the series: 'Prince Joe' and 'Forever Blue' are awsome! Love them! :) After that, it´s kinda hit-or-miss.

Auntee I also liked "Everyday Average Jones" (although the heroine may give you fits) and the last one in the series "Nightwatch" is pretty good too. Actually, they're all pretty worthwhile, especially if you like her other stuff.:)
Happy reading--I envy you!

message 5: by Dina (last edited Mar 13, 2009 12:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina Awww, "Cowboy" Jones... I loved him! But Melanie, the heroine, ruined the book for me. :(

My favorite, after the first 3 in the series, was 'It Came Upon a Midnight Clear'. I just wanted to hold "Crash" and never let go... :)

message 6: by viki (new) - rated it 1 star

viki this is my favorites to......and i love the cover ^_^

Auntee Oh yeah, "Crash"--another good one! I liked "The Admiral's Bride" too.:)
Then of course there's "Get Lucky"...

♡Karlyn P♡ Yeah, but did you notice that the cover is a man standing perfectly erect? (no pun intended!) Frisco would not be able to stand like that, not without a cane. Someone mentioned it in their review and I cracked up! But otherwise, a really yummy cover.

message 9: by viki (new) - rated it 1 star

viki KarLynP wrote: "Yeah, but did you notice that the cover is a man standing perfectly erect? (no pun intended!)

hwa ha ha ha....really?

Auntee You're right--I never thought of that! Of course, that's not the original cover, but who cares--I like it! Those are some mighty big 'guns'...:)