Heather's Reviews > A Breath of Snow and Ashes

A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon

Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction, to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Breath of Snow and Ashes.

12/01/2009 page 128
9.28% "Starting ch. 20"
01/29/2011 "On page 100 of 1379"
02/05/2011 "On page 386 of 1379 This last part I read was intense! I had a HUGE knot in my stomach while reading it. DG is one heck of a storyteller...she puts you IN there with the characters. I love that about her."
02/14/2011 "On page 756 of 1379" 2 comments
02/18/2011 "On page 865 of 1379. I heart Ian!! I just want to give him a huge hug! This last part I read with him and Bree was so awesome." 2 comments
02/20/2011 "On page 940 of 1379"
03/14/2011 "On page 1015 of 1379. Some interesting developments!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi I wasn't much farther than you got when I finally gave up and returned it to the library... not sure why, because I love early American history... but this book dragged, too much daily detail (enough with the make shift nappies already) and the library wanted it back... maybe during the long winter months I'll check it out again!

message 2: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather I feel like I've lost my momentum on this series for some reason. I can probably place some of the blame on The Fiery Cross. Parts of it were great, but for the most part, the story just went on and on without really going anywhere. DG didn't move the plot along very much in that book and it got frustrating at times. I am looking forward to getting back to Snow and Ashes, I just need to be in a somewhat patient, non-rushed mood. I think you're right....this is a good one for winter reading! I may try and get back to it after the holidays.