george's Reviews > Size 12 Is Not Fat

Feb 05, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, grown-up-books, read-in-2009
Read in February, 2009

I read the second in the Heather Wells series first by mistake. So now I finally got around to the first one, Size 12 is Not Fat. Thankfully it had been a while since I read the other one, so I didn't remember the exact recap presented. Heather Wells is an ex-teenage pop star, who has just broken up with her major boy band boyfriend; her mother has run off with her manager and Heather's life savings, and now she's living with her ex-boyfriend's brother (whom she happens to be in love with) and working as the assistant director of a university residence hall (it is NOT to be referred to as a dorm--too impersonal). Heather, aside from Jordan popping up *everywhere*, is suddenly smack in the middle of a tragedy at the residence hall--a girl has fallen to the bottom of an elevator shaft to her death. Everyone assumes the girl was idiotically elevator surfing, but Heather knows better. Girls do not elevator surf. Then another girl winds up dead in the same manner. Now Heather's convinced that this is no accident...but she's the only one who thinks so. So Heather Wells suddenly morphs from recovering pop star to amateur detective and everyone thinks she's crazy for it.

Supposedly this is an adult book, and while it's not quite the YA fare, it seems to be not quite adult, either. It was cute, though; and an enjoyable quick read. I like Cabot's stories and they are usually entertaining--this is no exception. I think I'll reread the second before moving on to the thirs since I really can't remember much of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Size 12 Is Not Fat.