Tabitha's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

Nov 13, 2012

Read on November 13, 2012

Great ending to the series. Timeless starts two years after the previous book leaves off. Alexia gets a summons from Egypt requesting she and Prudence come visit the Alexandria Hive queen. Still interested in the God Breaker Plague, Alexia and her entourage head to Alexandria by boat. On the journey over, Alexia discovers that water negates her preternatural abilities and starts to wonder if Prudence has the same problem. Once arriving in Alexandria, Alexia and company meet the Hive Queen and find a woman who is not at all what they expected. Alexia pieces the clues together and finally figures out how and why the God Breaker Plague started.

The previous two books were good, but slow at times and I found myself constantly wondering where the book was going. And at times, whether I cared where it was going. Timeless, however, was great from start to finish. I couldn't put it down. Biffy, who I love, finally finds his place in the world, Ivy finally shows everyone that she is not a dim witted as they think she is, and Alexia gets to finish what her father started.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.