Judy's Reviews > Something Blue

Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Feb 05, 09

Read in June, 2006

I was looking forward to reading this book. I had just finished an excellent book and was ready to start another. Boy was I in for a shock! This book was bad. It was actually a chore to keep reading, but I hate to leave a book unfinished. My husband was actually hiding the book around the apartment so that I wouldn't have to read any more of it. This book is chick-lit at it's poorest. The main character was flat and the plot was ludicrous.

If you want to read some GOOD chick-lit please do yourself the favor of checking out any of Jennifer Weiner's books. "Little Earthquakes" and "Goodnight Nobody" are my two favorites.

Don't waste your time on this fluff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Blue.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kellianne Did you even read the first book? It doesn't seem it would make sense and you would not like it without reading Something Borrowed.

Amber While I thought this book was a little flat myself. I think knowing Darcy from the first book helped a lot. And made all the references to Rachel make sense and made the conclusion of this book more meaningful. Something borrowed was much, much better. You should definitely add it to your "To Read" list.

message 3: by Lis (new) - rated it 1 star

Lis I saw the movie and really liked it. So I read this, because books are always better than the movie! However, it was just like you said a CHORE. How can someone write about a character so frivilous, selfish and childish?? This is the first time that the movie is actually better than the book!! I liked it that Darcy ended up with Ethan, but I could just not even imagine that! I really did not like the book and agree with you! I also had just read a fantastic book and reading this after it made it look even worse.