Stephanie's Reviews > What I Saw and How I Lied

1619431
Mar 27, 09

bookshelves: own
Read in March, 2009

I was very disappointed after reading What I Saw and How I Lied. Why? Because it wasn't what I had expected.

Yes, this book did have a lot of mysterious aspect to it and I expected that but I guess...I expected more? In what? I have no idea. I just thought the overall, the book would be better. What I did like from this was the author's ability to slowly bring clues in - little by little. There was a lot of guesswork and suspicions that I had enjoyed.

Evie, the girl who, at the end, had to choose between her family or the man she loved. I wasn't too surprised at what she chose, however, I was surprised on how she went about in doing it. I guess it was the only way, now that I think about it.

The ending was kind of melodramatic. It was more of a depressed ending with everyone relieving what had happened and wallowing in what they had learned. This was probably one of the reason why I wasn't too "yay!" about this book. But if you like depressed endings with some war emphasis, then maybe check this book out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What I Saw and How I Lied.

03/02/2009 page 1