Karen's Reviews > Golden

Golden by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

1994948
Feb 04, 09

I'll admit I nearly skipped the beginning chapter, with the confusing dream and Lissy riding in the car. Ho-hum, I thought, yet another girl moving to a new town with worries about a new school. But Lissy's ability to see auras made me keep reading. As I kept going, Lissy grew on me. I also liked seeing the different personalities of the Goldens emerge.

Soon I started laughing and snickering. (In the appropriate places of course.) I loved lines like, "With my luck, she'd probably thought of a brand-new rumor to start about how I'd tried to seduce her boyfriend with my sensual barfing skills." I wish Lissy would unleash her inner snarkiness. More of it, anyway. Maybe she'll discover a bit more purple in her aura in the future.

I thought Lexie seemed awfully young for thirteen. And awfully nice for a little sister, when compared to the two I have. (ducks a flying book) I liked how Lissy didn't go for Brock or Tate, but formed a connection with Dylan instead. I wanted romance between Dylan and Lissy, but I suspect I'll have to wait for a sequel. Curse you, cliffhanger ending!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Golden.