Stephanie 's Reviews > Without You

Without You by Anthony Rapp

Feb 06, 09

bookshelves: memoir-bio-abio
Read in February, 2009

I love Rent and I love Anthony Rapp. I just saw the show for the umpteenth time because he toured with Adam Pascal. I first saw the show in NYC, but the originals were already gone (1998). What a duo. I wish the entire original cast would regroup for a tour...I would pay big bucks to see them all, especially Idina, Adam, Mark, Jesse, and Taye.

I enjoyed the insight into Rapp's life, but mostly enjoyed the morsels about the start of Rent and the evolution of the show. I think only true fans of Rent will enjoy this book - for others it will just be a basic memoir that someone else has probably done better.

Anthony Rapp, if you ever log onto GoodReads (I know you are book obsessed too), and happen to read my review, do everything in your power to regroup the gang and tour. You were awesome with Adam! Rent changes lives!

No day but today!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Without You.

message 1: by Leah (new)

Leah I loved this musical. I heard the music before seeing it on Broadway. I was 15 and we were on vacation and I just bought it b/c I liked the cover. Then, finally got to see it in NYC on honeymoon. I absolutely refuse to see the movie-version though.

Kate Agreed on the last paragraph! I would give anything to see Jesse and Wilson in their roles.