Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Daring Time

Daring Time by Beth Kery

May 02, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads
Read in April, 2009

Hmmm. "Daring Time" was quite different from the only other book by Beth Kery that I've read, "Wicked Burn". It's every bit as hot, but this one stars a cop and a ghost and time travel too. It gave the story a whole different 'feel' and I was pleasantly surprised the more I read.

Ryan is a cop that's inherited a mansion...and a ghost. He's drawn to her presence and the more he sees of her (and he sees a LOT), the more he wants her. When he learns of her fate, he becomes determined to fight for her and uses their passion to journey back in time.

Hope is a lucky woman. She has a wealthy father who encourages her forward-thinking thoughts and for 1906 her thoughts are quite scandalous. Well, at least they are since she saw the handsome man in her bedroom mirror. Soon she's letting the mirror man introduce her to some wickedly erotic things--but when he appears in person to save her life she'll have a tough decision to make.

I needed a fan while I read this one. Beth Kery can steam up a page with her sex scenes and doesn't spare the rod (HAHAHAH) to keep her characters in line. This is adult fantasy. There's no 'time travel paradox' to worry about, and there's a bit of additional 'woo woo' that hints at reincarnation. If that, or mild BDSM, spanking, and anal sex bug you...don't read this book.

The mysteries of Ryan's present day case and Hope's turn of the century battle throw an eerie resonance into current stories on human trafficking that are in the headlines. Hints of the whole 'evil that men do' thing abound. Or you can just read "Daring Time" as a really hot erotic story. Your choice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daring Time.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Auntee Sounds good--and one I don't have to buy since I'm already looking at it.:)
Just a little punchy from too much reading...

Kathrynn Hey, this sounds good. I like a good time-travel and this one looks refreshingly original.

Julie (jjmachshev) did you just say 'too much reading'? Is there such a thing? I hope I don't catch it...
=)

Auntee lol! I did say that, didn't I? I need a nap...

message 5: by Blackbook (new) - added it

Blackbook JJ, I think you have the 'too much reading syndrome' and passed it on. It's very contagious. You can tell if you have it by:
1. bags under the eyes from late night reading
2. juggling work and domestic duties to squeeze in more reading time (this category may include spending the household money on books)
3. tbr mountains, piles as well as secret stashes of books in your house, car or garage
4. your nose is always stuck in a book and your friends wonder what ever became of you
5. if you are reading 2 or 3 books at a time (perhaps more) with 2 or 3 on deck
Feel free to add more symptoms. I think it's incurable.

Julie (jjmachshev) 6. You make weekly trips to the bookstore, even though your TBR mountains are nigh unscalable!
7. Your kids bring their girlfriends home to raid your bookshelves instead of your closet.

J

message 7: by Rane (new)

Rane 8. you hide in the bathroom just to get some reading time in

9. you give your booklight a pet name

10. you start to call your Significant other your fave hero/heroine name by the book your reading

Mahlet 11. You're starting to lose track of what you do and don't have - not wanting to buy on impulse for fear you already own the book.