Shellie (Layers of Thought)'s Reviews > Self-Made Man: One Woman's Journey Into Manhood and Back Again

Self-Made Man by Norah Vincent

1987170
I found this book in an international airport terminal's book store, and was really pleased to have done so.
I have always been fascinated by men and how they think, feel, and behave. I always have felt to better understand a man or men would allow me to have better relationships with them. I believe that this is true.
This book allowed me to do this and gave me further insight from the male perpective, ironically from a women experiencing what it is like to be a man by living as one. (By the way the process she goes through is very interesting.)
The author does an amazing job giving the reader insight into what men are really like because she is sensitive and non-judgemental about the male experience. She is obviously an "evolved feminist" whom likes men, which contradicts the myth that lesbians hate men.
I do recommend this book for anyone interested in human behavior, women or men whom are interested in the "male experience", or relationships.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Self-Made Man.