Kate's Reviews > The Shack

Feb 10, 09

did not like it
bookshelves: 1age-adult, religion
Read in February, 2009

Since I am never going to booktalk this book and almost everyone knows what this is about I will keep this part short. Mack's daughter is kidnapped and brutally murdered. Four years later Mack still blames himself and has slipped into a deep depression when he gets a letter from god. Mack drives to the shack where his daughter was killed and spends the weekend with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and figures out everything about religion.

Dull! The best part of this book was about the abduction and murder of his daughter. The rest was kind of a wash. This was supposed to be a controversial book but mostly the author presents god as a woman and that pisses off a lot of people. The author introduces a lot of significant theories about God but doesn't back them up with more information and only skims the surface. Overall I felt that this book spent a lot of time not getting anywhere at all. I never really connected with Mack and I just couldn't understand most of what they talked about. You can live without this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shack.