Angie's Reviews > The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love

The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love by Rosie Rushton

Feb 18, 09

Read in February, 2009

I chose this because I have a thing for Jane Austen-influenced literature and for Young Adult lit. This happened to be both. It really took me till about page 100 before I felt like this book was really a modern adaptation (isn't that a fun word to say) of Sense and Sensibility. The author did a lot of background work/set up before actually getting to the main part of the story. I found I didn't like the characters much except maybe Ellie. The character meant to be Wiloughby-ish you dislike almost right from meeting him which you actually like him for quite sometime in the real book/movie. The Colonel Brandon character you like way too much (and so does she) right from the start. Definitely a teen book. I think it would be really confusing to read this book and then try and match it up with the real book or even one of the good movie adaptations. To be fair though, I would give it 2 1/2 stars if we could give half stars. Once it got more interesting, it kept my attention well enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love.