Kath's Reviews > Mouth To Mouth

1991203
Feb 04, 09

Read in September, 2008

Don't be fooled by it's cover - A great romance, September 14, 2008
Had I seen the saucy mass-paperback cover of this book, I probably would not have bought it. The one I bought was the larger paperback that had a more generic cover and it seemed like it might be interesting. A little mystery, a little romance. I had read Bit the Jackpot by his author and liked it, so I thought I would give it a shot. So glad I did.

What a wonderful story and with great characters. What I liked about this book is that it focused on about a half a dozen characters that were developed very well and very believable. Laurel is a strong character and also happens to be deaf. Never viewed as a disability but the author does a great job of exploring some of the things that come with being deaf, but also trying to find her place in life. Russ is a good guy dealing with the loss of his parents and taking care of his good-hearted but problematic teenage brother.

They meet by chance because of a crime that Russ is investigating. (he's a detective). Not planning on becoming too involved, they start up a fling which turns into more. Certainly some hot, steamy scenes in this one and I have to say, the author has a knack for doing that well also.

A really heart-warming story with a few surprises along the way. I found myself laughing along the way. Truly a nice story and I plan on checking out more from this author.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mouth To Mouth.