Dina's Reviews > Night Game

1918270
Jun 11, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, series-ghostwalkers
Read in April, 2009

This was another great installment in the 'GhostWalkers' series! It was funnier than the previous books, thanks to Gator, the charming and sexy Cajun hero. That man could draw a smile from the most bad-tempered person. I loved the way he brought the tension down with his remarks, all the while keeping his focus on what was important. Flame was a bit "difficult to love" at first - alpha females aren't easy to take - but she grew on me and, in the end, I truly understood her reasoning.

The "conspiracy theory" that Flame brought to the table was a nice surprise and I wonder how the story arc will be played from now on. I don't like never-ending series - with one single exception, J.D. Robb's In Death series - so I hope Ms. Feehan isn't planning on dragging the GhostWalkers to the next generation.

The ending of this book wasn't your typical HEA and I was a little "uncomfortable" with the last chapter (for personal reasons), but it was very fitting. The book left some questions unanswered, and I hope to see them explained in the next book in the series.

The GhostWalkers series keeps going strong and I'll glady pick the next book up to read soon.

Note: My OCD couldn't help noticing that one character's name has been changed in this book: Kaden is now Kadan. It's a small detail, but it bothers me. I don't know who to blame: the author, for not keeping track of her character's name, or the editor, for letting it slide.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Game.

04/20/2009 page 1
0.2% "I really loved Gator in the previous GhostWalkers book, so I hope his story lives up to my expectations. :)"
04/20/2009 page 59
11.9% "I hope the cancer thing isn´t played too hard in this book, because that´s something difficult for me to read. :("
04/20/2009 page 218
43.95% "And the plot thickens as Flame´s "conspiracy theory" starts to make sense..."
04/21/2009 page 261
52.62% "Flame bruises too easily. I´m afraid her cancer is back and Whitney is not around anymore to put it in remission. :("

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MelissaB I will have to reread these sometime, I barely remember the early books but I know I enjoyed them!

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch There's a hero name Gator, who's Cajun? Is he from New Orleans?

Dina Yes, he is, Arch! And he´s as sexy as he can be! :)

But I feel like I should warn you: there are some very hot sex scenes (including sex toys) in this book, and I know you don´t like that. Anyway, you can always skip those scenes and enjoy the rest of the book!

message 4: by Arch (new)

Arch Dina, I was just wondering why his name was Gator. I guess the author name him that, because of Louisiana and New Orleans.

Dina Arch, his real name is Raoul Fontenot. Gator is his nickname, because he´s from New Orleans and has a natural (or should I say, unnatural?) affinity with alligators.

message 6: by Arch (new)

Arch Okay Dina. Thanks.

message 7: by Verity (new)

Verity I skipped this 1 'cuz I'm not too keen on reading alpha heroines.

Dina Awww, so you missed meeting Gator´s family. I loved his Grandmère! :) Anyway, I get you point: alpha heroines can be too hard to take sometimes.

message 9: by Verity (new)

Verity Hahahaaa.. that's not the only reason, the other is the hero's name. I sooo don't wanna envision the real 'alligator' while reading 'cuz I'm reptile-phobic. I read the back blurb & put it down @ local Target. Silly me of course, but H/H's names play a major part in my decision when I'm buying a book =^2

message 10: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Well, then I guess you made the right decision... There´s a scary scene with an alligator in the book (the "beast" almost rips the heroine´s arm off) that would probably give you nigthmares. *shudders*

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay Verity wrote: "I sooo don't wanna envision the real 'alligator' while reading 'cuz I'm reptile-phobic."

Really! It is a bit of a deterrent, LOL!