Tammy 's Reviews > Hard and Fast

Hard and Fast by Erin McCarthy

May 15, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads, books-with-nookie, contemporary-romance
Read in May, 2009

I suspected this book was all about insta-lust and a throbbin' man ham, so I was pleased to find that there was a storyline involved too. A pretty good storyline even though there was no suspense, mystery, or romantic subplots.

Some of the things that popped out of Imogen's mouth didn't sound believable and the whole gist of her doctorate "thesis" (dissertation)was kind of dumb. I liked how Ty was willing to do anything and everything to win her, including dealing with his dyslexia and learning to read.

But like a few others, I had no problem putting the book down and picking it up later. It was pretty good, but I wasn't super involved in the story. It just wasn't a keeper for me.

Here are the top 5 things I learned from the book:

1. Hiking will make you horny
2. Camping will make you horny
3. Fishing can lead to the big "O" (won't my hubby be happy to hear that one?)
4. Race car drivers like to quote Shakespeare
5. It is possible to have sex with skinny jeans shoved to your knee caps so long as you are leaning up against a tree or in the backseat of a car

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard and Fast.

05/11/2009 page 1
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara M. (new)

Barbara M. And you call me funny?!?! Your reviews are hilarious! "Throbbin man ham"...hahahahahahahahaha you make me laugh out loud.

Pamela(AllHoney) lol... gonna have to check this out :)

Miss Kim Throbbin man ham?? I'm going to use that one!

Shawna "Insta-lust", "throbbin' man ham", "fishing can lead to the big O". Tammy girl...you be crackin me up!! ROTFL!!

Tammy Wish I could accept responsibility for the man ham, but I unfortunately cannot.

Glad to entertain ya'll! My sarcastic crap mood is at least making somebody happy. =)

Auntee Ha-HA! Thanks for the big laughs--you're getting verrry funny with your reviews!:D

Sorry, but when I read "man ham", I instantly thought of his 'backside' throbbing! lol!

gert fair disclosure: i will absolutely be using the phrase "throbbin' man ham" and most likely will not give you credit. anything that makes me snort diet coke out of my nose is ALL MINE!!!!!!

Tammy Go for it! I probably ripped it off from someone, somewhere. Just can't remember who to give the credit to. :)