Teresa's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Oct 22, 09

Read in October, 2009

I got up to about the second or third chapter and couldn't make myself finish it. Life is too short to: eat crappy foods, drink bad wine, and read bad books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.

02/03/2009 page 33
5.25% "It reads about the same as the prev two books."

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace lol I'm glad you read these. I was thinking I might give them a try because so many people seemed to like them, but I think I'll pass now.

Teresa Grace, I think I might read them all if I were a teen...but at this stage in my life, really, I don't need it. :} The writing is so pedestrian and the main character so self-pitying that...well, it's like listening to my mother thanking god: makes me want to jab myself in the eye.

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace Not reading them is better than a jab in the eye any day. he he

Teresa LOL! Heck yeah!

message 5: by Pumpkinbear (new)

Pumpkinbear I read all three of these in one week, as a form of escapism while visiting my in-laws (did the same thing with Harry Potter one year, and Robert Jordan another year). I tolerated the first book, genuinely liked the second (go, Jacob!), and was appalled by the third.

Totally jumped the shark. I mean, biting through a woman's uterus to remove her half-vampire baby, which an hour later a werewolf imprints upon as his future lover? Seriously?

My theory is that Meyer was just mailing it in when she wrote this, because she was on contract and already had The Host in her head. And The Host is good.

Teresa Your idea that Meyer just mailing it in makes perfect sense to me. So, The Host is a totally different series/story line then?

I'm glad I gave Eclipse up when I did or I'd have a concussion from banging my head against the wall.