Shellie (Layers of Thought)'s Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

it was ok
bookshelves: read-abandoned, spec-fic-sf-time-travel, read-in-2008
Read in January, 2008

Couldn't get through it.

Rose I swear if you can get into the rythm of this book, it's worth it!!! Really, I swear!!!! :)

Shellie (Layers of Thought) Yes, this one is on my shelves. I will give it another go at some point. But if after the 3rd chapter I get bored then it goes out the door.

message 3: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda I hated this book. I tried really hard to hate it, and forced myself through every page, and now I wish I had those hours back.

Shellie (Layers of Thought) Lol, my thoughts exactly - so many books so little time.

Nancy I couldn't finish this book either. Glad to know there are others who felt the same.

message 6: by John (new)

John I gave up on it fairly early on

Shellie (Layers of Thought) whew! do I feel better about that... it was so convoluted going back and forth between times. It was a little weird the age differences between the couple at times.... But cause of Rose I will give it one more try.

Nancy I thought Jack Finney's Time and Again was a much better time travel story.

Shellie (Layers of Thought) Thanks it has been added to my larger than life tbr list.

message 10: by Lindsay (last edited Jul 31, 2009 11:02PM) (new) - added it

Lindsay Don't bother; it's just not worth it. I totally agree with your philosophy and think there is no shame in quitting a book that you aren't enjoying.