Elise's Reviews > Warbreaker

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

Feb 09, 09

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** It was nice to be able to download and read for free, but it still seems like there are some changes to be made before this is actually published. The typos were of course distracting, but also I think the ending could use a bit of work. When Susebron takes power, it doesn't really explain how he knew all the BioChroma commands etc. I also thought it could dwell on Vasher's history more. That part was really interesting but it was so sparse. And the romance is always hinted at between Vasher and Vivenna, but there isn't any development there. I loved being taken in and duped with both Siri and Vivenna.

This book had similar character development with Vivenna as Mistborn did with Vin. They both were struggling with their identities as they changed and reevaluated themselves. (Street-urchin Vin becomes Queen, Princess Vivenna becomes street-urchin. Very similar.)

Still a great read, but not quite as awesome as the Mistborn trilogy.

I read version 4.2 in PDF format, I believe.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warbreaker.

Michelle Well, Lise, it did explain that if you reached a certain heightening then you could mental commands instead of having to say the words. Or something about that--how you instinctively know the commands when you are at that heightening.

I do agree that he should have explained more about Vasher.

Interesting comparison between Vin and Vivenna.

Andrew I agree in two of the things, that it wasn't as awesome as mistborn, and that Vasher's history wasn't only sparse but more clear.