Nancy (Hrdcovers)'s Reviews > Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct by Joseph Finder

Apr 11, 09

FINDER DOES IT AGAIN -- WHAT ELSE IS NEW??

I've come to the conclusion that the very best time to review a Finder book is as soon as you've finished the very last page. At that time, you're so wound up that to wait a day or two before penning your thoughts would be doing the book an injustice. So with that thought in mind, I've just completed my 4th book by this amazing author and am, once again, ready to sing its praises.

How does he do it? Every single book is a page turner and every single book actually leaves you breathless. I think one of the things I appreciate most about his books is all the research he obviously does. Everything is believable and everything is something you could actually imagine happening to yourself.

In Killer Instinct, he pits two unlikely characters in a symbiotic relationship until the tide eventually turns and best friends become enemies. It is said that it is wise to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer and Finder does a great job of meshing out this quote from Sun Tzu's Art of War.

Killer Instinct takes you into the world of high-end electronics and the struggle to climb the corporate ladder. Jason Steadman is feeling pressure from all ends as he tries to move from District Sales Manager into the more glorified Vice President of Sales position. Most of this pressure is coming from his wife, who grew up with money and is now missing some of the perks her former life offered. She's beginning to feel that Jason is not quite as ambitious as she thought he was when she married him.....definitely not something any guy wants to hear.

When Jason meets Kurt Semko, a former Special Forces officer, his life will change and his rise up the corporate ladder will be escalated. Unfortunately, this rise does not come cheap as Jason will find out soon enough as this once symbiotic relationship now turns parasitic.

I've loved all of Finder's books because, while plausible, I can never seem to figure out how the main character is going to extract himself from the mess in which he's gotten involved. I will say this to all of you readers out there.....you can never go wrong with a book by Joe Finder. It's just that simple....he's just that good. He must have a "killer instinct" when it comes to writing "great" books.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer Instinct.

Rhea Feldman Just finished audio book this afternoon - could hardly "put it down" - like the other two or three I've read so far.